Thursday, February 22, 2024

Announcing the audio versions of "Tonda Sky" and "Enie"

Amazon did an amazing thing recently -- they made it super-easy to publish audio versions of books on their Kindle Direct Publishing platform, which is where this author has a bunch of her own books. I've always had an interest over the years in doing an audio version of one or more of my novels, but I just didn't know how to go about it. And I always had so many projects going on at once, anyway, so I never had much time for that particular learning curve. Now, with the advancements in artificial intelligence, Amazon is beta-testing automaticagically generated audiobooks in the KDP, and I just published my first two. The first was the recently released "Tonda Sky" science-fiction novel -- my very first book, written in college, as you'll see in this November 15, 2023 post. The second is "Enie: A Story of Redemption," which will always be my favorite novel for various important reasons.


These audio books are available on both Amazon and Audible. The KDP platform gives you a choice of several different virtual voices, so I chose voices that I felt fit the tone and message of these books. These unabridged audiobooks are both priced low, and you can even get them free with a membership trial. "Tonda Sky" is a shorter novel -- actually geared toward younger readers -- and it clocks in at 8 hours of listening time. "Enie," though, is a whopping 19 hours. Wow, that's a nice long time to get involved in the story while you're driving or working a jigsaw puzzle or whatever. I love that Amazon has done this! So check them out and let me know what you think.

No comments: