Friday, February 14, 2020

Terrific non-TV Toys: Batman Black and White blind bags, Series 1-3

Purchased, shot and posted all on the same day -- today! Valentine's Day! -- it's a special report of the Terrific non-TV Toys collectibles series, a special report that causes us to "pause our pause" of new episodes in the wake of the whole YouTube / COPPA thing. What can this girl say -- sometimes you just have to embrace your geekiness, and when you see something exciting in the stores right now, weeeeellll ... why not just do a quick special episode! These were purchased at the friendly neighborhood Walmart this very morning, Valentine's Day 2020.





2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you went ahead and made a video! I'm not really a fan of the blind bag culture (though I remember blind bags back in the '90s when my mom and I managed to get all but one of 24 Puppy In My Pocket figures that way -- I'm still looking for that missing one!), but I have to admit to being impressed with these Batmans. I love the idea of a black and white series, and these are exceptionally sized and detailed for what you typically find in a blind bag. But I was so hoping that you would pull out one of the villains!! Also, love, love your nail polish! It reminds me so much of one of my favourites: Sally Hansen's 'Petal to the Metal'!
.
(Apologies, Billie, if this comment comes through twice. I tried to post it last night, but I previewed it first and then when I hit publish, I wasn't sure exactly what it had done -- if anything. Anyway, sorry if there's two!)

BRBTV.com said...

Oh, wow, I have not heard of the Puppy in My Pocket series, but it sounds cute. That nail polish is Sally Hansen "Chrome Nail Makeup," and it's several years old. I think they intended that series to be a set of metallics. I bought the gold polish and loved it so I decided to get this one, too. It's in a bottle that is total pink gold, but the polish comes out lavender. Still nice, though, I guess! So maybe it's very similar to the Sally Hansen one you're talking about.