Friday, October 27, 2023

Dropping today: The continuation of the American Enterprise Speech Contest

When this author worked in the publications area of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan quite a few moons ago in the delightful (really!) downtown Detroit, I was a member of the National Management Association. My boss Diane, also a member, asked me to coordinate the BCBSM chapter's American Enterprise Speech Contest, an activity of the NMA that I see from a quick web search still exists today, though under a slightly different name, the Leadership Speech Contest. The event challenges high-schoolers to write and deliver a speech on our country's free enterprise system. 

Back in 2002, when I coordinated the contest and hosted the competition event at BCBSM headquarters near Greektown in Detroit, there was an array of bright young minds who offered their thoughts. These kids are inspiring even a couple decades later. I'm glad to have been a part of the event. The winner of that 2002 contest has gone on to become a successful author. As you watch the three parts of this series on my secondary YouTube channel, can you guess which speaker it is? The second part has just dropped, and the final part is coming next Friday ...



The videos I've been loading onto my secondary channel (please like and subscribe and help a sister out! and as always, the celeb interviews and collectibles series are still over at the BRBTV channel!) are the result of my digging around in the VHS archives, as I mentioned in the August 25 post. Such fun! More to come, I guess, when I am daring enough ...

No comments: