It was a fabulous time for Free Comic Book Day yesterday, as Billie Rae Bates of BRBTV was out and about doing all kinds of interviews for the "Fantastic Forum" TV show.
Many thanks to Cards, Comics and Collectibles of Reisterstown (shown in these photos) and Alliance Comics of Silver Spring, both Maryland shops, for their wonderful hospitality. The two stores were gloriously packed for the afternoon, and it was great to see so many people enjoying the event.
As one would expect from this weekend, the Avengers were out in full force, and BRB got to get both of the above guys on-camera to talk a bit about their costumes and these characters. We also chatted with Marc Nathan, owner of Cards, Comics and Collectibles and the organizer of the massively popular Baltimore Comic-Con, as well as Filip Sablik of Top Cow (below left), John Gallagher of "Roboy Red" and "BuzzBoy" (middle) and Steve Conley of "Bloop" (right).
Look for these Free Comic Book Day segments on upcoming episodes of "Fantastic Forum," the award-winning show that you can find in a whole lot of places:
- Washington, D.C., on DCTV Comcast channels 95 and 96 and RCN channels 10 and 11 and Verizon FIOS 10.
- Montgomery County, MD, on Montgomery Community Media (MCM-TV) Comcast channel 21.
- Fairfax County, VA, on Fairfax Cable Access (FPA-TV) Cox channel 10.
- Arlington County, VA, on Arlington Independent Media (AIM) on Comcast channel 69 and Verizon FIOS 38.
- Prince George's County, MD, on Prince George's Community Television (CTV) Comcast channel 76 and Verizon FIOS 42.
- Baltimore City, MD, on Community Media of Baltimore (CMBC) Comcast channel 75.
- YouTube, NCC1727 channel
- Vimeo, Ulysses Campbell's channel
Photos by Billie Rae Bates / BRBTV
Copying with credit is OK; a link would be grand