Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Terrific non-TV Toys: Tuesday Taylor, Super Model walking version, Ideal, 1978

If you're a kid of the 1970s and you've ever heard the names Tuesday Taylor and Tiffany Taylor -- and especially if you've heard them used interchangeably -- you might be a tad confused. Who was Tiffany? Who was Tuesday? Were they related? Cousins or something? Sisters??? 

This author has to admit to some confusion around these brand names from Ideal, because I remembered they were both fashion dolls much like Barbie, and I remembered my mom bought me one of them when I was a kid, and I remembered there were other styles of that same doll out there that had a hair-color-changing trick they did with the turn of the top of the skull (yes, believe it), but I was unclear, after all these years, which was which. I started to think my version of the doll, which doesn't change hair color and which has a trick of her own -- walking -- was perhaps the Tiffany Taylor, then that would make the hair-color-changing version Tuesday, right? Or was it the other way around? 

Turns out, neither one of those scenarios is correct. We'll solve the mystery, as well as take a nice up-close look at this beautiful 1978 doll from my childhood, in the latest episode of the Terrific non-TV Toys series ...

See the other episodes in the Terrific non-TV Toys series.

No comments: