It got our attention when we saw fellow author Judith Moose busily booking the guests, and it looks like it's going to be a great event. It's the Hollywood Show, which happens a few times a year and is next set for October 10 and 11 in Burbank, California. Beware -- it's going to be a delightful feast of classic TV and film stars for your autograph pleasure (more like a gorging, actually).
One of those stars will be Rosemary Forsyth, our own original Sophia Capwell / Dominic of the earliest days of "Santa Barbara." Her fellow "SB" veteran Linden Chiles, who was Edward Nichols, Dash's father, will be there, too. Chiles was also Kit Mainwaring's father Chris Mainwaring on "Dallas."
Richard Hatch, whom we know as Dean Calder of "Dynasty," will also be appearing at the Hollywood Show, which happens at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center.
Russell Johnson, a BRBTV double-shot as Sheriff Wyatt Mansfield on "Dallas" and Julia Wainwright's father Roger on "Santa Barbara" (as well as the brief role of Roger Bell, voice auditioner in Gina's wicked scheme against C.C. Capwell), will also be signing. (He was definitely the castaway we would have wanted to be stranded on "Gilligan's Island" with!)
Herb Jefferson Jr. will be appearing -- he was Walden in the 1984 "Dukes of Hazzard" two-parter, "Undercover Dukes."
Here are some other tables you've gotta stop at while you're there ...
- Claudia Christian: 1984 episode of "Dallas," "Some Do ... Some Don't"
- Paul Comi: Dr. McWright in the 1981 episode of "Dallas," "Waterloo at Southfork"
- Doug Heyes Jr.: Floyd Jones of "The Dukes of Hazzard" episode "The Law and Jesse Duke," 1982 (who also appeared in the spinoff "Enos")
- Marlyn Mason: Emily Grimes toward the end of the run of "Dynasty"
- Read Morgan: Hap Moody on 1990's "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" episode of "Dallas," and Curtis on a couple episodes of "The Colbys"
- Tim O'Connor: 1987's "Some Good, Some Bad" episode of "Dallas," Thomas Crayford on "Dynasty" in 1982, and Thackery (that mean-old armored-car robber) of "The Dukes of Hazzard" 1982 episode "Bad Day in Hazzard"
- Peter Mark Richman, one of BRBTV's faves, who was Ewing associate Maynard Anderson on "Dallas," attorney Andrew Laird on "Dynasty" and the original C.C. Capwell on "Santa Barbara."
- John Saxon: Rashid Ahmed on "Dynasty"
- Edson Stroll: Charlie Haas and John Kane on "Dallas" in 1991, and a board member on the "Dynasty" episode "The Vote" in 1986
Check out the bios of all the stars at the show's site, and know that if you're a big "Twilight Zone" buff like we are, you are sooooooooo in heaven! This October show marks the classic series' 50th anniversary.