Monday, July 22, 2019

Terrific non-TV Toys: Betty and Veronica dolls by Playing Mantis, Part 2: Betty

She's the girl next door (literally right next door to Archie). She can fix cars, she has a cute little ponytail, and she seems to have nothing but patience when it comes to her best friend Veronica Lodge. She's Betty Cooper, and she's the focus of the latest episode of Terrific non-TV Toys -- at least these delightful dolls are. They were released by Playing Mantis back in 2000, and you can see two out of the three Veronica dolls in the set in the previous episode of non-T3.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I've been SO looking forward to this Betty video after I watched the Veronica one a few weeks ago. These dolls are really cute. I really chuckled at the comic cover from the last doll -- Betty on the payphone -- that's literally ME in 2019 with no cell phone, a landline, and a rotary phone!! Betty has always been my favourite, so I think I'm in good company, lol.

And wow, you got such a great deal on the dolls! The only thing better than cool items is getting them for a bargain -- I think frugal, responsible Betty would approve!

Thanks for another super video, Billie! Once again, you look fab in your Riverdale jersey -- love it!

BRBTV.com said...

Oh, that's so fun -- a rotary phone, still??? Well, I do have a landline myself, but it's more for health reasons. :) Thanks again, Wendy, for watching!!!