Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Terrific TV Toys: Scooby-Doo plush by Gund, Applause

It's been a little while since we've talked Scooby plush, and we had a couple stragglers to show since the series of episodes you saw on Terrific TV Toys a few years back. (Well, that's because we got them more recently, both in 2016.) So here are a couple cuties, courtesy of pal Andrea. One is ready for Christmastime, actually, rather than Halloween, and the other is sightseeing in some exotic place, we just know it!

And we thought the manufacture year was unknown on these two, but in later review the year was discovered on Tourist Doo's tag -- 2001 Also, the stamps were issued in 2018, not this year. PLUS ... special thanks to Wendy, who provided a year for Tiny Tim, as well! "On the green tush tag, the (s02) is the date," she says. "So he came out in 2002. A lot of Scooby merch has that same style of dating: (s19) would be 2019, etc." Mystery solved!!! :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hit the like button on the video before I even watched it, lol. Omigosh, I have been collecting Scooby Doo since I was 6 years old (I'm now over 30), and I still actively collect today! These little guys were super cute -- especially the Christmas one (Scooby and Christmas -- two of my favourite things!). And he does have a date! On the green tush tag, the (s02) is the date. So he came out in 2002. A lot of Scooby merch has that same style of dating: (s19) would be 2019, etc! Excellent video, hope to see more Scooby-themed ones from you in the future! (That Scooby Jack-o-lantern at the beginning is something I've been trying to add to my collection for years!)

BRBTV.com said...

Oh, so cool! Thanks so much, Wendy! I'm going to add that note to the blog post and the video description on YouTube. Never knew that. I only discovered when watching the video later that the Tourist Doo had a date on his tag, and then I discovered the stamps actually came out *last* year, so I'm really date-challenged in this one, LOL. Yea, I have a bunch of other Scooby plush I did episodes on 3-4 years ago. I'm trying to remember where the light-up lantern came from -- maybe Walmart? It was 2-3 years ago.