Monday, December 02, 2019

Mego, Corgi, Ideal and anything in-between, the annual Kalamazoo toy show covers it all

The selection was so robust this past weekend at the annual toy show at the Kalamazoo, Michigan, fairgrounds that this author spent the whole morning texting photos of goodies to this person and that person. "Have you seen this?" "Do you want this?" Buddies Mike, Brian and Rob, my Bro -- there was just something for everyone this time around at this amazing and huge show that happens every Saturday after Thanksgiving. I always look forward to it. And I kept the economy alive, believe-you-me, between the purchases I made here and at the mall later that afternoon! Gotta love it. Anyway, here's the customary glance-in-pictures of what they had ...

Some of this stuff you'll see on future episodes of the BRBTV YouTube series Terrific TV Toys and Terrific non-TV Toys (and a couple items you've seen on past episodes). One particular item I now officially regret leaving behind (there's always something) because it represents one of my past places of employment. We've got Mego, Corgi, Ideal, other manufacturers represented here, a nice diverse assortment ...





















Photos by Billie Rae Bates / BRBTV
Copying with credit is OK; a link would be grand

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I wish SO much that I lived some place that was even just close to a toy show. I've never been to one, but my goodness, they look so magical! I love that you posted these photos, Billie, because at least I get to live vicariously. Even just seeing what amazing, cool, and unusual toys exist out there is so much fun. And I must admit... seeing that box of Archie digests made my heart leap just a little bit (okay, maybe a lot!)! I can remember yard saling with my mom as a kid, and that was what my radar was tuned in for: Boxes of Archie digests -- and even better when they were, as the sign in your picture says, CHEAP! Also, quick PS which I hope isn't weird... I'm assuming that it's your hand holding the beautiful Maureen doll -- I just love your ring!!

BRBTV.com said...

Yea, bummer, I wish you could come to this show, too! It is really big. There's another one in Royal Oak at the end of this month I will probably go to. Those Archie digests were only 50 cents for the regular size and a buck for the double size. What a deal. And the ring was my mom's -- she loved emeralds! That was her birthstone.