Friday, November 20, 2020

Terrific non-TV Toys: Batgirl and Donatello figures from DC Collectibles, 2020

It's a marvelous mashup of two different pop-culture universes. Batgirl of the comics teams up with Donatello of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" to fight some crime, or maybe just eat some pizza. This two-pack of figures (and lots of accessories) takes the spotlight for the latest episode of the Terrific non-TV Toys web series. This set is part of a larger set based on the comics cross-over of these two universes, and it was just released earlier this year.

Happy Friday!!!

Next up: A ride in the Mystery Machine with Scooby and the gang, in December's episode of "Terrific TV Toys"!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This Batgirl is really cute, and I must admit that I do enjoy a good mash-up of different pop culture icons. Now, I might just be getting old so please forgive me, but a $50 price tag seemed like a LOT for what these are though. Is that just me? Am I so out of touch with new-toy prices that this felt like they were asking a little bit much for these?? (Or maybe it's just that $50 USD is $65 CAD!)

Though I must admit that I look through old Sears Christmas catalogues from 30 years ago and see Barbies that I have, and they were $30 THEN, and suddenly I think, "Well, maybe $50 for a specialty Barbie today isn't as excessive as I thought!!" Regardless of price though, what a great addition to your collection -- I really, really, REALLY want to see you on Mike's Collector's Haven sometime!

And Billie, you KNOW I'm thumbing a ride on that Mystery Machine next month! Save me a seat, please!

BRBTV.com said...

Oh, you’ve got a seat, for sure!! Lol. I was just editing that episode this morning. It goes on forever and has to be split into two parts (and still goes on forever!). But I wanted to give the whole experience of putting together all those pieces and parts, even though it was tedious.

Yes. Your perception is correct about the price of this two-pack. That’s the collectibles market in recent years, though to me it too often seems like gouging. Of course, back in the day of those Sears catalogs, my mom never would have gotten me an expensive Barbie, so my expectations are set much like yours and different than a lot of collectors out there.. ;)