Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF Toys: Hot pursuit!!!! Ooooh, I-love-it!-I-love-it!


We're on a regular "Dukes of Hazzard" skid here at the BRBTV News Blog, with our new feature TGIF Toys! So why not round it out for the month of April with one last photo of our blazin'-orange-themed goodies? This one also comes from Will "The Voice Man" Rodgers of Tennessee, and he calls this shot "Hot Pursuit!!!" It's a die-cast General Lee and Hazzard County sheriff's car. And wethinks we spy a sig on that Lee! Looks like John Schneider, sure do ...

My die cast General Lee has the signatures of John Schneider, Tom Wopat, Catherine Bach, James Best, Ben Jones, and Sonny Shroyer on it. The General and police car are 1/18 scale. I bought them both at Cooter's Place.

I know I bought the General Lee before I ever went to any Dukesfest, so I anticipate the General Lee of mine is from 2003 or 2004. I'm guessing they must have come out in 2002 or 2003. And I bought the Hazzard police car in 2009 when Sonny Shroyer came to the World of Wheels in Chattanooga. I bought it from those two characters who work for Cooter's in Gatlinburg and Sonny autographed it. The squad car is newer.

-- Will Rodgers

Visit Will's "Super Friends" site and experience more of his geeky expertise!

Photo by Will Rodgers;
email before copying

Addendum:
We tend to stay away from the private lives of the stars on this news blog, and concentrate instead of their work, but our condolences and prayers go to Catherine Bach and her family in the death of her husband, Peter Lopez, this afternoon.

No comments: