Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Schneider, Wopat talk about "First Time" tonight

"Some of the most celebrated stars of television, music and movies take a deeply personal look back at the gigs that changed their lives in 'My First Time,' a new original series from TVLand ..."

That's the tagline for TVLand's new series, "My First Time," a look at stars and how they started out. Up tonight is an episode called "Action Heroes," and it features John Schneider and Tom Wopat of "The Dukes of Hazzard." The episode airs at 10 p.m. EST on TVLand.

Schneider tells the rather famous story of his "Dukes" audition: "I showed up with a Bud Man T-shirt -- torn up; it was a workout shirt -- and a six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer ... I was 18 years old; I told 'em I was 24, because that's what they were looking for. I told 'em I was from Snellville, Georgia" (pronouncing the name of the Atlanta suburb as "Snail-ville," of course) "because that's what they were looking for." Ben Jones also comments for the episode (on just how handsome Schneider is).

You can watch the preview from http://www.tvland.com/originals/myfirsttime/.

No comments: