Thursday, April 06, 2017

Another awesome episode of "Fantastic Forum" from Awesome Con!

Another "Fantastic Forum" episode has hit the airwaves on the East Coast, and it's one taped at the awesome Awesome Con in Washington, D.C.! The topic this time: what fandom means to you. This host right here, Billie Rae Bates, discusses fandom with panelists Zachary Winland, Maurice James and Michael Dougherty. In-between the two discussion segments, show producer and director Ulysses Campbell interviews Elizabeth Henstridge of Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." So cool!



Keep your eye on the "Fantastic Forum" website for the latest on this D.C.-based show, which broadcasts on REAL TV, as well as on the Internet. If you're on the East Coast, catch it here:
  • Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York, NY; Time Warner Cable MNN Lifestyle channel 2
  • PhillyCam,  Philadelphia, PA; Comcast channel 66/966; Verizon FiOS channel 29/30.
  • MCM  Montgomery County, MD; Comcast channel 21; RCN channel 21; Verizon FiOS channel 21.
  • Arlington Independent Media (AIM), Arlington County, VA; Comcast channel 69; Verizon FiOS channel 38.
  • FPA-TV,  Fairfax County, VA; Cox channel 10.
  • DCTV, Washington, DC; Comcast channel 95; RCN channel 10; Verizon FiOS channel 10.
  • Prince George’s Community Television (CTV), Prince George’s County, MD; COMCAST channel 76; Verizon FiOS channel 42.
  • Community Media of Baltimore City (CMBC), Baltimore, MD; Comcast channel 75.
  • Herndon Community Television, Cox channel 23, Verizon FIOS channel 28.

2 comments:

Jasonduke360 said...

What a great episode! You guys really coverd what it means to be a fan. For me its not about owning every thing in what im into. Its about enjoying what I love and shareing it with others. When I had my lee, yeah I was relishing that it was mine. I really never let anyone drive it, but if I could use it to make someone else's day just a little bit better in a way, thats just as good a feeling as the joy of owning one. I have some good memories of makeing a few peoples days great. The best part is, they will remember that for a long time. Plus owning my general, I was very careful on how I acted when certain people would act as fools around my beloved car. Yes, I was extremely over protective it really got me worked up when grown adults would acually want to try to slide across the hood or some other "duke" stunt that would do damage to my car. I was always careful about how I would react because I aspired to be like my heros. The dukes treated people good. Usually a good temperment defused the situation and Id offer them a ride or pics with tgem in my car and we would part peaceful.
A good fan of anything should try to promote their idol or show or hobby to other people in a positve way. Like you Billie Rae, what you have done for dukes is way, way more than anything I done. Maybe theirs a fan who cant afford a car or go to the shows. With your books they can be entertained, educated and most likely inspired to accomplish their dream what ever it may be.
As for cos players, one of the reasons I like tge cons besides meeting the celebs is to see what the fans come dressed as. A lot of work and creativity these people pull off and it always wows me. Yea ok, I admit seeing hot chicks dressed up in sexy out fits is a definite plus!! Come on, im a guy, lol. But in general most cos players are more than happy to show or explain or let people pose with them for pics. Its a blast!

BRBTV.com said...

Thanks for watching!! :) Yea, our "Dukes" culture is a whole unique fandom in itself!