Fresh off the heels of one "Dukes of Hazzard" event, we've got another, and this one is also right here in Georgia, the birthstate of "The Dukes"! It's the first ever Hazzard in the Hills event, brought to you by avid "Dukes" fan Chad Fullerton of northern Georgia.
Chad's got a full day of activities planned for the event, to be held in Helen, Georgia, on Saturday, August 16. Sonny Shroyer, our own Enos Strate, will be the featured guest and will meet and greet fans. BRB will be there to sign copies of her reference guide "Them Dukes! Them Dukes!" (which, incidentally, features a darling photo of Chad as a little boy, viewing a General Lee replica -- Chad's really been a lifelong fan of the show!).
Here is the day's *tentative* schedule of events, and be sure to check out the flier below -- and print some copies for your friends:
- Noon -1 p.m. ~ Classic Car Parade featuring General Lee, Hazzard County Sheriff car, and all other replicated vehicles from The Dukes of Hazzard. Also, the parade is open to any and all classic cars, trucks, or motorcycles as well.
*** Parade participants need to meet at the parking across the street from Cool River Tubing no later than 11:15 a.m. ***
- 1:30 p.m. ~ Cruise-In begins at the Riverside Park in Helen.
*** Car show participants are encouraged to get there early to ensure the best parking spot. ***
- 1:45 p.m. ~ Sonny Shroyer welcomes everyone to "Hazzard in the Hills." A meet-and-greet autograph session with "Deputy Enos" begins at the Riverside Park Pavillion.
- 2 p.m. ~ "Hazzard in the Hills" Car Show officially begins at the Riverside Park in Helen.
*** Free registration for any and all vehicles. All vehicles welcome to participate. ***
- 4:45 p.m. ~ The meet-and-greet autograph session with "Deputy Enos" concludes.
- 5 p.m. ~ Presentation of awards begins.
- 6 p.m. ~ "Daisy Duke" Contest begins at the Riverside Park Pavilion in Helen.
*** No entry fee. Contest winner will receive $100!!! ***
- 8:45 p.m. ~ Screening of "One Armed Bandits," the first episode of "The Dukes of Hazzard," at the Helen FestHalle.
*** Free admission!!! ***
There is absolutely no charge to attend the event or enter a car in it. So c'mon down!
The Ramada Limited of Helen and the Days Inn of Helen are sponsoring the event. "Any and all fans and event participants can call ahead of time and book their accommodations at either of the lodging locations," Chad tells BRBTV. "Fans and participants need to request the special 'Hazzard County Rate,' and they will get a discounted price on their rooms."
Associate sponsors include:
- Family Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep of Cleveland, Georgia ("If anyone is looking for a great deal on a new Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep vehicle, they can mention the Hazzard in the Hills event and receive a better deal in conjunction with the already fantastic incentives from Chrysler," Chad says)
- Wendell's Country Restaurant of Sautee, Georgia
- Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel-Restaurant-Lounge of Helen, Georgia
- Neighborhood Healthcare of Cleveland, Georgia
- Georgia 105.1 FM of Helen, Georgia
- YearOne of Braselton, Georgia
"It should be a very laid-back event, enjoyable for everyone that attends," Chad tells us.