Happy New Year from BRBTV, and warmest wishes for a 2007 full of good things!
2006 has been a great year for BRBTV. Not only was the print edition of "Them Dukes! Them Dukes!" released in January, followed up with the second (and final!) edition in August, but this very BRBTV News Blog that you're lookin' at was launched, too! In fact, the BRBTV News Blog was born on January 10 of last year.
Also in 2006, a new product was launched for BRBTV: the BRBTV Reports, published initially as electronic Amazon Shorts by Amazon.com. These BRBTV Reports / Amazon Shorts allow us to offer you great reference information, similar to the BRBTV reference books, but in a smaller format and focusing on classic animated TV series. The first two Reports focus on the cartoons "Archie's Weird Mysteries" and "The Dukes." In the coming weeks, you'll see two additional BRBTV Reports released; stay tuned for more info. You'll also see the full-color, splash-out, graphic-intensive versions of the Amazon Shorts released under the umbrella of BRBTV.com. These will be the more colorful counterparts of the Amazon e-files. In addition, this year will bring the print edition of another of the BRBTV reference books.
In 2007, there will only be small changes to the BRBTV News Blog: The birthday feature will move to monthly rather than weekly, and additional (animated) shows will be folded into the BRBTV family, once their corresponding Reports / Shorts are released. As always, we welcome your comments, criticisms, cookies, whatever ... send 'em on to BRBTV ...
We'll kick off the new year with the month's birthdays. January is a big month for the stars of the four shows covered by BRBTV:
- Rick Hurst, Cletus Hogg of "The Dukes of Hazzard," turns 61 today, January 1!
- Rawley Valverde, Amado Gonzalez on "Santa Barbara," turns 41 today, January 1.
- Victoria Principal, Pamela Ewing of "Dallas," turns 61 on Wednesday, January 3 (though we've seen some sources indicate she was born in 1950, not 1946).
- Sorrell Booke, the unforgettable Boss J.D. Hogg of "The Dukes," was born January 4, 1930, and passed on February 11, 1994.
- Pamela Sue Martin, the supercool 'n' sassy original Fallon on "Dynasty," turns 53 on January 5.
- Kristen Meadows, Victoria Lane of "SB" (whom you can watch on the current edition of "The Mason Chronicles"), turns 50 on January 7.
- Tony Wike, who voiced Mr. Weatherbee on "Archie's Weird Mysteries," turns 52 on January 7.
- Krista Tesreau, the psycho Andi Klein of "SB," turns 43 on January 10.
- Richard Moll, who did a few wonderful turns as the skanky Milo Beaudry on "The Dukes," and who voiced Harvey Dent / Two-Face on "Batman: The Animated Series," turns 64 on January 13.
- Arte Johnson, also a notable guest as Irving in the "The Dukes" episode "Double Sting," turns 78 on January 20.
- Joe Marinelli, the mobster cross-dresser with a heart of gold, Bunny, on "SB," turns 50 on January 21.
- Leigh Taylor-Young, Kimberly Cryder on "Dallas," turns 55 on January 25.
- Cathy Podewell, country-bumpkin Cally Harper on "Dallas," and Paul Johansson, long-lost Capwell son Greg Hughes on "SB," both turn a young 43 on January 26.
- Donna Reed, the Miss Ellie replacement on "Dallas," was born on January 27, 1921, and passed on January 14, 1986.
- Carrington Garland, a very lovely Kelly Capwell (we liked her every bit as much as Robin Wright) on "SB," turns 43 on January 27.
- John Beck , a BRBTV double-shot with a stint as Mark Graison on "Dallas" and a turn as David Raymond on "SB," turns 64 on January 28.
- Susan Howard, longtime Donna Krebbs on "Dallas," turns 61 on January 28.
- Harley Jane Kozak, the wonderful Mary Duvall on "SB" and one of our favorites, turns 50 on January 28.
- Marc Singer , a little spooky as Matt Cantrell on "Dallas," and who voiced Dr. Kirk Langstrom on "Batman: The Animated Series," turns 59 on January 29.
- John Forsythe, the amazing Blake Carrington on "Dynasty," turns 89 on January 29.
- Katharine Ross, the much-put-upon Francesca Colby on "Dynasty" spinoff "The Colbys," turns 65 on January 29.
- Justin Gocke, a very memorable Brandon DeMott on "SB," turns a most-young 29 on January 31.
Happy birthday to all ...